Saturday, April 11, 2009

I've recently gone back and finished putting names and some dates on the photo's of gravestones that I took last spring. I have more to post, but I hope that this will at least provide a good starting point for a lot of people looking for relatives or doing genealogy. I've done my best to get the info correct, but I know that the stones are very hard to read at times, or the photo was not the best. Still, it's something.
I am hopeful that this spring I will be able to get a lot more of the old slate stones on the Western hill photographed before the leaves come out and shade them too much, but that will of course depend on the weather.
If anyone has a good photo of a stone in the cemetery that they would like to post, I would be happy to include it on the Flickr site, just e-mail it to me. Right now I am mostly concentrating on the slate and marble stones, but I will occasionally put in a granite one if it's interesting or historically significant, or unique in some way.

No comments: